Fera International Food Safety Training Laboratory
Welcome to the Fera International Food Safety Training Laboratory (IFSTL) website
The thriving global food trade offers opportunities for food producing countries around the world to strengthen their economies by exporting to Europe. Yet for those responsible for regulating the food supply chain and protecting consumer safety this presents a significant challenge. According to a recent report from the European Commission, "there has been an alarming increase in food safety incidents" over the past few years.
The Fera IFSTL’s mission is to deliver hands-on laboratory based training in fit-for-purpose analytical techniques for food safety testing, to meet the stringent regulatory requirements for food being imported into the EU.
|"I found this course to be extremely helpful. All the lecturers and trainers were very knowledgeable and demonstrated how the different topics could be applied to my organisation. I highly recommend this course to other agencies." |
“The Fera IFSTL has delivered a comprehensive, current and customisable training course providing a wealth of information and practical applications of the principles from many recognised technical experts. It has truly furthered international information sharing on residue issues.”
“The training I received was invaluable. I had a lot of questions regarding pesticide analysis before attending the course. I am now more confident that I will be able to perform the analysis and produce accurate results very efficiently.”
- Courses are delivered by internationally recognised experts from Fera and guest tutors from the Fera network, at our dedicated training facility
- State-of-the-art analytical equipment is used to train in validated, fit-for-purpose methods
- Training is informed by up-to-date knowledge of current issues in food safety and EU regulations
- Excellent networking opportunities with fellow trainees and Fera specialists
Learn about the latest techniques and training available for food safety
- IFSTL trainer Laurence Castle appointed chair of The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) Working Group on Food Contact Materials.
- Which food is ‘top of the table’ for food safety incidents?
- Course schedule for 2014 - register now!
- Fera and Waters Open International Food Safety Training Laboratory - read the press release
- View our short video on the latest testing and training available for food safety
- Fera and Waters Corp. unveil the International Food Safety Training Laboratory - read the press release
- Meet some of the course lecturers who will be teaching at the Fera IFSTL
Sign-up to receive information about the Fera IFSTL, our courses and our latest news.