VALIDATION OF DNA BIOCHIP TECHNOLOGY FOR SPECIES IDENTIFICATION IN FOOD FORENSIC SCIENCE
Written by: Beltramo C., Riina M.V., Colussi S., Campia V., Maniaci M.G., Biolatti C., Trisorio S., Modesto P., Peletto S., Acutis P.L.
This study presents the results of the validation process of the MEAT 5.0 Low Cost and Density (LCD) Array kit for species identification in food carried out, for the first time, following the Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods (SWGDAM) recommendations. This is also the first time that the MEAT 5.0 LCD Array kit has been applied to identify animal species in milk.
- Performance evaluation of LCD Array kit for forensic science to detect food fraud
- Validation following Scientific Working Group on DNA Analysis Methods guidelines
- High specificity and sensitivity of the kit both for meat and milk matrices
- Satisfactory performance also on processed food
- Good performance also for processed food
Published on Food Control (2017) Vol. 78, p. 366-373
Submitted by Maestri - FoodIntegrity correspondent